Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Menopause, Sweat, Palpitations.....Oh My!




I totally sucked all the cold right out of that ice pack!!  I'm very thankful for a friend reminding me of how I can use an ice pack to help with hot flashes and just being hot in general.  I can't believe
I hadn't thought to use it.

I have a suggestion to all my 'change of life' friends.  And that is to buy a small ice pack from your 
favorite drugstore and keep that sucker in the freezer at all times!  When you feel a bad hot flash
or you're hot from working outside, or inside for that matter, grab that baby and put it on the back of your neck.  Now you might not be able to stand it for too long as the cold starts feeling like it's
burning your skin....well, that's when you simply put it on the top of your head.....and yeah who cares what the heck it looks like, it works!  

I've just been out in the heat way too much this week and I think it's made the hot flashes so much 
worse and my heart palpitations have started back up.  The ice pack didn't help them, but it still
felt wonderful.  Hopefully I can get the palpitations under control soon.  Now let me go to the kitchen and add 'small ice pack' to my list so i have 2 of them ready to go.

Later,


sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment